Friday, March 9, 2012

Tool 4

1. Create at least one document in Google Docs and share it with a few others on your campus or within your department. It could a team member, a department colleague, or another teacher with whom you plan a collaboration. Ask that person to comment or chat and real-time edit the document with you.
Collaborating with two students, a Google doc was created over a unit on Issues of South Asia. The students enjoyed editing simultaneously with one another and I ultimately posted the document on my webpage.

2. Create one form in Google Docs and send it via email to at least two other people and ask them to respond.
The form I created in Google docs id the form discussed in number three below. I shared it with two colleagues for their viewing pleasure and to acquire feedback.

3. Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? Which tools are you excited about using with students?
I tested out Google forms by creating a two question quiz for my students utilizing a multiple choice question format and a check box format. Click here to enjoy my quiz. Creating a unique background for the quiz will be an appealing aspect for students. I can see using this to gauge prior knowledge before beginning a new unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment